Early help services
Leicestershire early help services include:
- Information and advice including the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) Local Offer or Family Information Directory (FID)
- Family Support for short-term parenting and behaviour support
- Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners to help with children age 8 years and over who are anxious or depressed but aren’t involved with the Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAMHS)
- Pathway Co-ordinators where cases are complex, children have been excluded from school and there are many services already involved that need co-ordination
- Group support including support for managing anger, Special Educational Need and Disability, keeping safe and feeling safe
- Supporting Leicestershire Families who provide intensive family support for families who have a range of needs which impact on family functioning including:
- a range of health and or mental health concerns
- anti-social behaviour or criminal activity
- unemployment or housing difficulties
- education difficulties including children at risk of exclusion
- domestic abuse
- Children’s Centres who offer a range of services to families of children aged 0 - 5 years including parenting groups, speech and language, baby massage etc. They focus on vulnerable families, with the main provision being the 0 - 2 year pathway which supports families from pregnancy to their 2 year old checks
There are numerous support groups on Facebook including:
Leicestershire Local Offer
- provides local support and information for children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
Our Space Hinckley
-a group at St Johns Church, Hinckley who provide a fun and stimulating environment for children and young people with additional needs and their families one Saturday a month.
Leicestershire Parent Carer Forum
-A group of parent/carers with young people aged 0-25 years with various disabilities, working in partnership with education, health and social care to help shape future services in Leicestershire.
Tiny Town, Nuneaton
-A role play centre that offers SEND session - more information on their Facebook page
ADHD Solutions UK
They Support children young people and adults who have ADHD, their families, and the professionals who are working with them.